D67 Green Backpack
To comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, and create web content that is accessible for people with disabilities and user friendly for everyone, we will no longer post pdf documents from outside organizations. You may view our Website Accessibility Statement here.
Non-profit, intergovernmental agencies, and other approved community organizations who wish to promote activities or events pertinent to our parents' or students' interests or involvement should follow this process:
- Submit a brief description of your activity or event, along with and a link to your website, for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday.
- Once approved, the information will to be included in our weekly school e-newsletters.
- Yard signs and posters are not allowed.
- Activities/events must be non-sectarian, non-political and may not promote a fundraising activity unless the activity is school-sponsored or directly benefits our schools.
The decision to distribute information or provide links to websites that are not part of Lake Forest Schools is at the discretion of District administrators. The District is not responsible for the content and accessibility of external websites linked onto the District’s website. External websites are the sole property of such websites, and the content and accessibility of external websites are the sole responsibility of the entity or entities in control of the content and administration of such websites.
Community Activities and Events
- Next Thursday, January 25 from 4:30 – 5:30 PM, CROYA will be hosting inspirational speaker James Gurick for a talk about being a student in today’s society. James, known by many as Coach James, is a local lacrosse coach, life coach, inspirational speaker, and author of Just a Thought: A Motivational Guide to Building a Positive Life in an Adverse World. Join us for free snacks and inspiration! http://croya.com/
- Gorton Community Center announces new classes for winter. Active Improv Jr. Showcase, Fencing, Woodworking and Robothink will keep your child entertained and inspired. Visit Gorton Center for more information.
- Gorton Community Center welcomes back Sylvan with new classes this winter: Python Coding, Java Coding and STEM. All are Saturdays starting February 3rd. Check out class descriptions at http://gortoncenter.org/classes/
- Citadel Theatre spring classes for ages 6 – 18 years
- CLC Spring Schedule of Explore Youth Classes
- SIT Conference, Saturday, Feb. 10 for grades 3-12.