New LFHS Class Schedule Information
Student schedules are generated based on each student’s specific course selections. A schedule packet was mailed to homes on Thursday, July 14, 2016 and included a blank schedule template based on the student’s class selections and lunch period.
Each student schedule includes information for both Semester 1 (S1) and Semester 2 (S2). Class periods are broken into slots 1-17 and EB (Early Bird) that coordinate with periods throughout the day. Slots are necessary, as some students have split periods to accommodate their class selections.
To convert an individual schedule to the template:
- Identify all classes that are First Semester (S1) - Only convert First Semester (S1) classes to the template.
- Refer to your schedule - Write the class and room number in the corresponding color-coded box.
Example: Slot 1,2 (S1)- converts to 1st period - write English 1/Room 212 in the corresponding box
- Complete that process for each day of the week and each slot/period throughout the day. Important: Note that not all classes meet every day.
Additional Schedule Information:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Friday classes begin at 8:15am. Early Bird at 7:25am
- Wednesday morning is staff collaboration from 7:45am-8:45am. Classes will begin at 9:00am
- Thursday morning is Personal Learning Time (PLT) from 7:45am-8:45am. Students can meet with his/her own teacher for additional instruction. Classes begin at 9:00am
- During your lunch period on Wednesdays and Thursdays - start off in the class assigned to those time slots/periods. Teachers will indicate lunch breaks during those time slots/periods.
- For the few students who have a slot 19 class listed in their schedule, please disregard that slot. Slot 19 is listed for the high school's record keeping. We regret any confusion this may have caused.
If you are taking an AP Science Class:
- AP Science classes are scheduled using three slots (1.5 class periods). Your AP Science class will be taught during three slots with a study hall or free period during a fourth slot (thus making up 2 full class periods).
- If your AP Science class begins during Early Bird, it will be held during Early Bird and Slots1, 2/Period 1.
If you would like to convert your second semester schedule or need an additional template please download the correct template below.
IMPORTANT: Please select the template that corresponds with your designated lunch slot. These may be different for each semester and for each student.
Slot 7 - Lunch Schedule Template
Slot 9 - Lunch Schedule Template
Slot 11 - Lunch Schedule Template
If there is an error in the your class schedule or if you are requesting a change, please access the Schedule Correction form.
Prior to requesting a correction, it is important to review the list of closed classes.
These classes are already filled to capacity. Schedule Correction forms must be submitted by Thursday, July 28 at 3:00 pm.
Any changes we can accommodate will be reflected on PowerSchool August 10th via the Powerschool link found near the bottom of the homepage under School Links and Resources. PowerSchool student passwords are located on your enclosed class schedule. Students are required to attend courses as listed on the schedules as of Textbook Pick Up.
Please call the Student Services Office at (847) 582-7388 on Monday through Thursday from
8:00am-2:00pm. Assistance will also be available during Textbook and Chromebook pickup for students and families who have questions about their schedule logistics.
Learn about the new fresh, fast and healthy lunch options