- 98% of the 438 senior class graduates will be attending college in the fall
- Approximately $7,500,000 in scholarship money was awarded to the members of the senior class
- Included in that scholarship total were three appointments to the Service Academies (Air Force & Naval Academy); four ROTC Scholarships; and three full-ride Chick Evans Caddie Scholarships.
- Six National Merit Finalists
- 144 Illinois State Scholars
Class of 2017 Graduation Ceremony Reminders - Saturday, June 3, 2017
2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Day of Event Timing
If we experience inclement weather, the decision to move the ceremony indoors will be made the morning of the graduation. If we are moving indoors, information will be communicated via our Bright Arrow alert system, email blasts and the LFHS website.
12:30 p.m. Guests may enter the outdoor seating area at LFHS - There will be a tent set up to provide shade for guests who do not wish to be in the sun.
1:00 p.m. In the event of rain, indoor seating will open
1:00 p.m. White van shuttles begin transporting guest from LF & LB train stations
1:30 p.m. Graduates should be dropped off by 1:30 p.m. and proceed to the Field House.
2:15 p.m. Shuttle service ends
2:30 p.m. Procession of graduates
4:15 p.m. Shuttle resumes to transport guests back to LF & LB train stations. Shuttle will run until all guests have departed.
Weather permitting; graduation will be on the front lawn. Four (4) tickets were mailed to each senior family, tickets are required should inclement weather force us to move the event into the Field House. Please do not forget to bring your tickets with you.
Due to space and safety constraints, we are unable to increase the number of tickets issued to each graduate. Additional bleacher seating will be available in the competition gym, where the ceremony will be broadcast by YouTube.
Additionally, this year we are pleased to announce that the Lake Forest High School's Eighty-Second Commencement Ceremony, honoring the Class of 2017, will be broadcasted via YouTube, rain or shine. On Saturday access to the stream can be found above, or through the YouTube Graduation Stream. The broadcast will begin at 2:30pm and conclude at approximately 4:00pm. We hope this new feature will allow more family and friends, regardless of their location, to enjoy this very special occasion.
- Campus parking is ONLY for attendees with disabilities and current State-issued handicapped parking identification. Handicapped parking can be accessed from the McKinley Road entrance.
- Cars carrying guests who need assistance may enter the driveway to drop off passengers. Staff will be available to provide assistance.
Off Campus Parking Options
- Guest parking will be available at the Lake Forest Market Square Train Station and the Lake Bluff Train Station. We will provide white shuttle van service to LFHS.
- Additional parking is available at Lake Bluff Middle School and Sheridan School. We will not provide shuttle service from these locations, but they are both within walking distance of the high school.
- Side street parking surrounding the high school is available as posted by Lake Forest Police. Some streets will be converted to one-way streets to facilitate parking. Please obey all posted parking signs.
- White shuttle vans will provide transportation to LFHS. Shuttles will run from 1:00 p.m. until 2:15 p.m. from both train stations. Service will resume after the ceremony, beginning around 4:15 p.m., and will continue until all guests have departed.
We are looking forward to a wonderful celebration! Congratulations to the Class of 2017.
The grounds crew will be spraying weed killer at all four District 67 school the week of June 26th-July 2nd. The spraying will occur along fence lines, around trees, mulched areas, and sidewalk/road cracks. The grounds crew will not be spraying in grass playing fields, or the vegetable garden at Deer Path.