Open Doors Career Exploration Program Registration Begins Oct. 15!
What is Open Doors?
- Open Doors is a career exploration program that is brought to you by the Educational Services Department and the Lake Forest Association of Parents and Teachers (APT).
- It is open to all LFHS students and takes place during student days of non-attendance on Thursday, November 2 and Friday, November 3, 2017.
- Open Doors provides students a first-hand experience in a professional setting to obtain practical knowledge in an area they may be considering as a future career. Not-for-profit opportunities will be available for service hours.
Why encourage your student to participate in Open Doors?
- Students will get a taste of the "real world" of business or a service organization.
- The connection between academics and careers will be on display, helping students to understand the relevance of their classwork.
- Introduces students to the requirements of professions and industries to help them prepare for the 21st century workforce.
- Students may attend half day (either morning or afternoon) or full day sessions at the business or service opportunity they choose. Opportunities will be available for preview before registration begins.
Important Registration Dates!Student Preview for Open Doors Registration:
7:00pm October 8, 2017 - 7:00pm October 15, 2017
7:00pm October, 15, 2017 - 7:00pm October 22, 2017
For more information, contact: Jim Sullivan
email@example.com or 847-582-7702