The Oakhouse at Exmoor Country Club
September 9, 2017
Event Begins at 7:00pm
RSVP by September 1
Our purpose is to provide the funding necessary to advance academics for all students at Lake Forest High School.
The LFHS Foundation is an all-volunteer organization that helps bridge the gap between tax dollars received by the district and the cost of providing a high-quality education in the 21st century. Students and teachers look to our resources to provide cutting-edge technology, best-in-class teaching methods, and classroom enhancements that would not otherwise be possible.
The Foundation was formed in 2002 by 11 members of the community who joined in partnership with the LFHS administration and District 115 Board of Education.
Since then, the Foundation has awarded more than $1,000,000 in academic grants. Thanks to the generosity of our families, alumni, friends, and businesses, more than 150 grants have been awarded over the past decade— and every student, in every grade, at every learning level has benefitted. Virtually every dollar raised goes directly back into the school to support academics.
Grants typically are awarded in the spring for implementation in the next school year. Past grants have been awarded for:
- Core subjects - Math, Science, English, World Language, and Social Studies
- Electives - Music, Art, and Applied Technology
- School-wide technology - Sound systems and audio/visual equipment for common spaces
- Learning readiness - Wellness, Social Work, Health, and Drivers’ Ed
- Professional development - Teacher training on best-in-class methods
- Other - Library, Administration, Special Education, and Student Services