The booster organization of theater is called PALS (Producers at Large).
PALS is now a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
We organize various events for the theater productions at the high school. We organize and serve meals dress rehearsal week, order t shirts, place kudo’s in the program, coordinate volunteers to bring fruit and dessert to the dinners, publicize the event by contacting newspapers and distributing posters around town, and sell concessions before and during intermission of the musical. In order to make all this happen, we ask for assistance from parents of students who are involved in the musical.
PALS (Producers-at-Large) is the parent booster organization for the LFHS theater department. Since it was formed in 1975, PALS has contributed approximately $100,000 to help secure items not funded through the school’s budget, including:
Lighting and sound equipment
- New curtains for the RMA
- Mirrors for the dressing room complex
- Body microphones
- Forensics and TheaterFest
- International Thespian Society scholarships
- In addition to financial support, PALS provides volunteers to assist with ticket sales, programs, cast and crew meals, costumes, concessions, refreshments, ads and publicity.
Your tax-deductible donations are our major source of income for LFHS Theater—a program that benefits ALL students. Please help by joining PALS today. All members will be acknowledged in this year’s programs. Thank you!
How does PALS support the theater students?
- Provides dinners for cast & crew on the nights of dress rehearsals for the Junior/Senior Play, Frosh/Soph play and the Spring Musical.
- Sells production t-shirts.
- Publishes kudos to the students in the programs (PALS Ads.)
- Sells DVD/Photo CDs of each production.
- Organizes parent volunteers to help with dinners, concessions and ushering for each show.
- Plans and coordinates the year end banquet for the theatre students together with the LFHS Chapter of the International Thespian Society (ITS).
- In partnership with ITS, provides $500 scholarships to graduating seniors who have demonstrated a contribution and commitment to LFHS Theater.
- Raises funds through member donations to secure items not funded by the school’s budget with close to $100,000 contributed over the years for the purchase of equipment that is used in our performing spaces and/or training for actors or tech crew in specific areas.
- All students involved in theater – actors, student directors/ producers and technical crew benefit from the services that PALS provides.
Please support LFHS Theater by renewing your annual membership or becoming a member of PALS for the first time! Each donation will be rewarded with a complimentary LFHS Theater/PALS car decal – if you wish to have additional decals, they are available for $5 each.