Presented by the LFHS Junior Class and the Association of Parents & Teachers (APT)
Saturday, May 13
Hyatt Regency O’Hare
9300 Bryn Mawr Avenue
Schedule of Events
5:30 p.m. Check in at LFHS and Red Carpet begins
6:30 p.m.Motor coaches depart for the Hyatt Regency O’Hare
12:15 a.m.Motor coaches depart for LFHS
1:00 a.m.Motor coaches arrives at LFHS
Prom tickets are sold online for $95 per person from April 3-17. Purchase Tickets!
LFHS juniors and seniors may invite underclassmen. Guests from outside of LFHS require Dean approval and students must complete a non-LFHS Prom Guest Authorization Form. The form must be completed and approved prior to purchasing tickets. Singles are encouraged to attend!
If you have questions about Prom, please send an email to LFProm2017@yahoo.com.
To find out how you can support Prom 2017, Please visit the Project Safe Prom page!
The Prom Committee is pleased to announce…
Juniors will nominate their fellow classmates for the Prom Court in April. Juniors who receive the most amount of nominations will be named to the Prom Court. The two students who receive the most votes during final voting will serve as Prom Royalty and be announced at the Prom on May 13.
Members of the Prom Court represent our Junior class, the class of 2018. Prom court members possess positive energy and embody Scout pride in both words and actions. These students have a great spirit and can be found competing on the field, cheering in the stands, acting on the stage, studying in the library, playing chess in the commons, or simply saying “hi” in our hallways.
Facts about Prom
- Each year the Jr. Class Reps select a theme for the prom. Students design artwork based on the theme which is then carried through t-shirts, invitations, prom red carpet, and venue decorations. This is total student driven event supported by the LFHS staff and APT.
- LFHS students began taking coach buses to Chicago in early 1980’s.
- The "Project Safe Prom" fundraising campaign was initiated in 2002 to fund this safe transportation for all Prom attendees.
- Each year, nearly 800 students walk a red carpet making their grand entrance to the waiting public before boarding the 18-20 coach buses.
- Parents, community members, faculty and families watch the prom red carpet promenade from bleachers which are set up on the front lawn.
Project Safe Prom raises funds to provide safe, reliable transportation for our students to and from the Prom venue. Each year, Lake Forest High School parents, alumni, and community members demonstrate their commitment by donating to this campaign. The Jr. Class also contributes from their own class monies to this cause. Please consider making your donation today!