College Planning & Application Process
Applying to College Step-by-step
1. Complete and submit the application. Applications are found on university websites. (Try and use the same password and pin number for all accounts and write it down).
2. Add colleges to your common app account first. They will be automatically listed in "Colleges I’m Applying To" in Naviance.
3. If applying to non-common app schools; add college to the “Colleges I’m Applying To” section of your Naviance account.
4. Send standardized test scores directly from testing agencies. LFHS School CEEB Code: 142-520
5. Request Transcripts to be sent:
- Sign into your Naviance Family Connection account
- Click the Colleges tab
- Click the transcripts link (in left column).
- Please allow a minimum of 10 school days for LFHS to process transcripts. Be aware of college deadlines and plan ahead.
- Determine if a Counselor Recommendation and/or Secondary School report is required, and discuss with your counselor (If so, be certain to complete your Junior autobiography on Naviance)
6. Teacher Recommendations
- Determine if/or how many teacher recommendations are required for each school/university. These should be teachers of academic courses and not electives or coaches.
- After verbally discussing with teacher, submit request through Naviance Family Connection. (Colleges I’m applying to: Add teacher recommendation request)
- Students can request specific teachers to send them to specific schools through Naviance.
- For Common Application colleges, students can request only the number of letters that the college accepts, so please look carefully to see how many are allowed.
- If inviting non-academic recommenders, do so through common application or provide them with stamped, addressed envelopes for each school.
Junior Parent Night / College Kick-off