Lake Forest is a residential community located about 30 miles north of Chicago on the shores of Lake Michigan.Established in the 1850's, it has a character and heritage unique to the area. Among its early residents were many prominent business and corporate leaders from Chicago.
The 19,375 residents of Lake Forest enjoy a wide array of community services including outstanding educational, recreational, and cultural facilities. Beautiful tree-lined parkways enhance gracious homes in this suburb which enjoys nearby major shopping malls and fine restaurants.
Travel to Chicago is available on two commuter train lines (Metra), one located in the downtown area, and the other on the southwest side of Lake Forest. Interstate 94/294 and U.S. Rte. 41 provide north-south access.
Lake Forest has an excellent beach and many parks. The suburb and other nearby communities offer extensive cultural and recreational opportunities, including a symphony orchestra and music institute. Just minutes away is the internationally renowned Ravinia, North America's oldest and most diverse summer festival of the performing arts.
Higher education opportunities are offered in Lake Forest through Lake Forest College, which provides quality liberal arts educational opportunities for their students, and Lake Forest Graduate School of Management, offering MBA, Graduate Level Certificates and Corporate Education. For those seeking additional opportunities for advanced education, Northwestern University, The University of Chicago, DePaul University, Loyola University, and The University of Illinois-Chicago are easily accessible.
Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital is regarded highly for the personalized attention it provides its patients as well as the caliber of its physicians. The new, state-of-the-art Lake Forest Hospital is a redesigned campus that integrates health, wellness and civic enjoyment.
The links on this page are provided as a public service.
- Activator Academy Music School
- AYSO 163 Lake Forest
- Boy Scouts
- Chamber of Commerce (LF/LB)
- Champions After School Program
- Citadel Theatre
- City of Lake Forest
- College of Lake County/Explore
- Cub Scout Pack 48 (Cherokee)
- Cub Scouts - Pack 148 (Everett)
- David Adler Music & Arts Center
- Deer Path Art League
- Girl Scouts
- Gorton Community Center
- Gorton Children's Drop-In Center
- Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Assoc. (GLASA)
- Lake Bluff Library
- Lake Bluff Park District
- Lake County, IL
- Lake County Cares
- Lake Forest Baseball Assoc. (LFBA)
- Lake Forest Lacrosse Assoc. (LFLA)
- Lake Forest/Lake Bluff LDA
- Lake Forest Library
- Lake Forest Open Lands
- Lake Forest Parks and Recreation
- Lake Forest Soccer Assoc. (LFSA)
- Lake Forest Swim Club
- LDA (LF/LB Learning Disabilities Association)
- Midwest Young Artists
- Music Institute
- North Suburban Special Ed. Dist. (NSSED)
- Scout Aquatics
- SpeakUp! Prevention Coalition (Division of LEAD)
- Village of Lake Bluff