Little Scouts Preschool
Program InformationLittle Scouts Preschool Program is operated in conjunction with nationally renowned Lake Forest High School. In a structured yet nurturing environment Little Scouts offers quality care and developmentally appropriate activities for children six weeks to five years old. The mission of the Little Scouts program is to serve the Lake Forest High School faculty and the surrounding community. Our goal is to provide a safe and happy environment where your child can grow and learn. We encourage creativity, good thinking skills, and cooperation to accomplish common goals. The Little Scout staff is dedicated to providing the best possible care and instruction in an environment that is stimulating to children and encourages exploration and independent thinking. The curriculum is theme based with weekly topics that encompass science, art, literacy and math concepts.
Throughout the past seventeen years Little Scouts has evolved according to the needs of the population it serves. Little Scouts offers full day and half-day programs. Currently, Little Scouts operates from 6:45a.m. to 5:15p.m. , Monday through Friday.
Tuition InformationTuition payments will be invoiced on the 14th of each month and due on the 24th of each month for the following month’s tuition. Payment options include monthly automatic credit card charge, check, or cash. If paying by check, make payable to: LFHS. A credit card authorization form will be kept on file and be charged the applicable monthly tuition if check or cash is not received by the 24th of each month. A $25 fee will be assessed for any returned check or declined credit card charge. Lake Forest High School and Lake Forest Elementary School employees are encouraged to pay through payroll deductions.
- Weekly Lesson Plan
- Three's Daily Schedule
- Four's Daily Schedule
- Classes will be held at Lake Forest High School - West Campus
- Classes maintain low teacher child ratio
- Hours 6:45 am - 5:15 pm
- Flexible scheduling options for year-round
- Full day options available for the infant through 5 years; full and half-day options for 3-5 years
- Full day program receives two healthy snacks and a hot lunch daily; half-day receives one nutritional snack and a hot lunch daily
Little Scout Staff
- Little Scout staff are all employed by Lake Forest High School
- All Little Scout staff have education and experience in Early Childhood Education
- All teachers are CPR and First Aid certified
- All teachers participate in 15 additional hours of early education yearly