Lake Forest 21 - Belvidere North 14
Varsity Football continued their come-from-behind victories when they upended the Blue Thunder in the second half of the first-round playoff game vs Belvidere North on a muddy/snowy field. It was Win No. 100 for Coach Chuck Spagnoli.
The Blue Thunder started out quickly going 82 yards and scoring on a one-yard run with 4:40 left in the first quarter and added another touchdown on a 10-yard run by Holden Parker for a 14-0 lead.
The Scouts drive stalled but Kai Kroeger's punt pinned Belvidere down on their own five-yard line with 8:30 left in the half. Both teams went three and out in the following drives with the Scouts making adjustments to Belvidere's option play and holding them scoreless for the rest of the half.
The Scouts were limited to four possessions in the first half for 26 yards--all on the ground.
In the third quarter, The Scouts got on the scoreboard after five plays when Max Uihlein scored on a two-yard run with 2:11 left in third quarter. Colin Sloan's kick was good and the Scouts cut the lead to 14-7.
In the fourth quarter, the Scouts tied the game 14-14 on a five-yard run by Jahari Scott and the kick by Colin Sloan with 6:52 on the clock---plenty of time to do more damage---and the Scouts did just that!
With the game tied at 14 with 3:13 left on the clock, Richie Hoskins connected with Connor Milliman on a 57-yard pass play and Sloan added the PAT to secure the 21-14 lead. Jake Milliman deflected a fourth-down play by Belvidere North with less than 90 seconds remaining.
- Richie Hoskins completed two of nine passes for 86 yards and one touchdown
- Jahari Scott led the team in rushing with 84 yards and one touchdown
- Max Uihlein had 7 yards rushing and one touchdown
- Connor Milliman had one reception for 57 yards and one touchdown
- Kai Kroeger had 1 reception for 29 yards
- Jackson Shea had nine tackles, Leo Scheidler had seven, Rylie Mills had six, and Jack Graham had 5
- Total Plays: LF 48 Belvidere North 53
- Total Yards: LF 180 BN 159
- passing LF 86 BN 0
- rushing LF 94 BN 159
- Turnovers: LF 2 BN 2
Scouts will play Kaneland for the Second Round of the IHSA playoffs on Friday, November 8, 7:30PM at LFHS West Campus Varsity Field.