Lake Forest 35 - Kaneland 10
For the first time in three games, the Scouts didn't have to come from behind in the second half of a game; instead, they got on the board in the first quarter on a Richie Hoskins' one-yard run and a Colin Sloan kick for a 7-0 lead with 4:25 left in the first quarter--which put them in the lead for good as a result of a balanced Scout offensive and defensive attack throughout the game.
The Scouts scored again in the first quarter after an interception by Connor Morrison led to a touchdown on 15-yard run by Hoskins along with a PAT by Sloan for a 14-0 lead with 1:18 left in the first quarter.
The only score in the second quarter was a 32-yard field goal by Kaneland for a 14-3 Scout lead at halftime.
In the third quarter, the Scouts had a turnover when they received the second-half kickoff, but the defense prevented Kaneland from scoring when they got the ball. Once the Scouts got the ball back on downs, they marched 81 yards, and Max Uihlein scored the first of his three touchdowns on a four-yard run and a PAT by Sloan with 7:29 on the clock---Score: 21-3 Scouts.
Leo Scheidler ended a Kaneland drive with an interception later in the third quarter and the Scouts went on a 74-yard drive culminating in Uihlein's second touchdown on a three-yard run with 2:46 left in third quarter--Score: 28-3 Scouts
Uihlein's third touchdown came in the fourth quarter on a two-yard run with 6:20 left in the game. Score: 35-3 Scouts
Max Gagne scored Kaneland's only touchdown on a 69-yard pass from Cameron Phillips. Score 35-10
- Richie Hoskins completed 8 of 15 attempts for 129 yards passing
- Hoskins led the team in rushing with 149 yards and two touchdowns
- Jahari Scott had 17 rushing attempts for 61 yards
- Max Uihlein had 12 rushing attempts for 50 yards and three touchdowns
- Connor Milliman had four receptions for 68 yards
- Kai Kroeger had four receptions for 61 yards.
- Max Uihlein and Jackson Shea each had 7 tackles and Charlie Altounian had 5, Leo Scheidler 4, Jack Graham 3
- Total Plays: LF 71; Kaneland 57
- Total Yards: LF 383; Kaneland 249
- Passing Yards: LF 129; Kaneland 196
- Rushing Yards: 254; Kaneland 53
- First Downs: LF 21; Kaneland 11
- Turnovers: LF 1; Kaneland 4
- Penalties: LF 7 (55 yards); Kaneland 3 (33 yards)
The Scouts will host Deerfield for the quarterfinal playoffs next Saturday (11/16) at 1:00 pm at West Campus Varsity Field.