Dear Future Scouts!
We are excited to welcome you to Lake Forest High School! Please mark your calendars for the upcoming Class of 2022 introductory events.
Curriculum Information Video Series - Mid-January
In mid-January, we will release a series of videos that highlight course offerings in all of our departments. Instructional Directors will provide detailed information about student course options. Department videos will be released a week before The Scout Experience (see details below), providing ample time to review offerings and attend The Scout Experience with a better understanding of our courses. Feel free to watch the videos as many times as you want and reach out with questions. The videos and related contact information will be shared with all incoming families via email and also posted on the LFHS website, www.lfhs.org. If for some reason you are unable to access the videos, highlighting LFHS course offerings, we will have a designated space during The Scout Experience for viewing.
The Scout Experience - Wednesday, January 24, 6:30 - 8:30pm
All incoming freshmen and parents are invited to The Scout Experience. We are planning a fun night that will highlight all that we have to offer at LFHS. This evening will take place in the Fieldhouse and Competition Gym, LFHS East Campus, 1285 N.McKinley, Lake Forest.
You will have the opportunity to meet teachers and administrators to discuss instructional questions. Each department will have:
- Instructional Directors available to review course offerings and answer any questions from the instructional videos
- Teachers in attendance to answer course specific questions
This night will also provide an opportunity to view the vast number of exciting extra-curricular programs available to our students. At this event, there will be:
- Athletic Coaches and athletes
- Club Sponsors and students involved in activities
- Performances by student groups will be held throughout the night, in the Competition Gym, for families to stop in and experience
Lastly, representatives from the following areas will share important information about registering your child:
Deans' Office - information regarding attendance, discipline policies, and lockers
- Summer School - information regarding classes
- Educational (Student) Services
- Counselors - registration and academic courses
- Social Workers and School Psychologists - Social Emotional supports
- Registrar - Documents required to enroll at Lake Forest High School
- Health Services - Required documents for enrollment
- Technology - information regarding Chromebooks, Schoology, PowerSchool, and other related aspects of the school
Again, we are excited to welcome your family and look forward to supporting your student at Lake Forest High School. We hope you will join us to at The Scout Experience on Wednesday, January 24th.
If you need additional information or have questions, please contact:
Director of Educational Services