Thursday, June 7
in the Field House
3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Graduation rehearsal is mandatory for students who wish to participate in graduation. Students will receive their cap & gown at graduation rehearsal.
Thursday, June 7
Following Rehearsal until 7:00 pm – Front Lawn
Class of 2018 Graduation Ceremony Reminders - Saturday, June 9, 2018
2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Day of Event Timing
If we experience inclement weather, the decision to move the ceremony indoors will be made the morning of the graduation. If we are moving indoors, information will be communicated via our Bright Arrow alert system, emailblasts and the LFHS website.
12:30 p.m. Guests may enter the seating area at LFHS - There will be a tent set up to provide shade for guests who do not wish to be in the sun.
1:00 p.m. In the event of rain, indoor seating will open.
1:00 p.m. White van shuttles begin transporting guest from LF & LB train stations.
1:30 p.m. Graduates should be dropped off by 1:30 p.m. and proceed to the Field House.
2:15 p.m. Shuttle service ends.
2:30 p.m. Procession of graduates.
4:15 p.m. Shuttle resumes to transport guests back to LF & LB train stations. Shuttle will run until all guests have departed.
Weather permitting; graduation will be on the front lawn. Four (4) tickets were mailed to each senior family, tickets are required should inclement weather force us to move the event into the Field House. Please do not forget to bring your tickets with you. Due to space and safety constraints, we are unable to increase the number of tickets issued to each graduate. Additional bleacher seating will be available in the competition gym, where the ceremony will be broadcast by YouTube.
The Lake Forest High School's 83rd Commencement Ceremony, honoring the Class of 2018, will be broadcasted via YouTube, rain or shine. On Saturday, access to the stream can be found on the Lake Forest High School website homepage www.lfhs.org, or through the YouTube Graduation Stream. The broadcast will begin at 2:30 p.m. and conclude at approximately 4:00 p.m. We hope this feature will allow more family and friends, regardless of their location, to enjoy this very special occasion.
• Campus parking is ONLY for attendees with disabilities and current State-issued handicapped parking identification. Handicapped parking can be accessed from the McKinley Road entrance.
• Cars carrying guests who need assistance may enter the driveway to drop off passengers. Staff will be available to provide assistance.
Off Campus Parking Options
• Guest parking will be available at the Lake Forest Market Square Train Station and the Lake Bluff Train Station. We will provide white shuttle van service to LFHS.
• Additional parking is available at Lake Bluff Middle School and Sheridan School. We will not provide shuttle service from these locations, but they are both within walking distance of the high school.
• Side street parking surrounding the high school is available as posted by Lake Forest Police. Some streets will be converted to one-way streets to facilitate parking. Please obey all posted parking signs.
• White shuttle vans will provide transportation to LFHS. Shuttles will run from 1:00 p.m. until 2:15 p.m. from both train stations. Service will resume after the ceremony, beginning around 4:15 p.m., and will continue until all guests have departed.
We are looking forward to a wonderful celebration! Congratulations to the Class of 2018.