LFHS students enrolled in AP classes are prepared and encouraged to take the College Board Advanced Placement Exams administered in May. It is important to note that with qualifying AP Exam scores, students can earn college credit, advanced placement, or both at the majority of colleges and universities they attend after high school graduation. The policy regarding issuance of college credit is determined ONLY by the college or university a student attends and will vary among institutions. AP scores are valid even if a student transfers colleges.
LFHS College Board AP Exam Registration
- College Board AP Exam testing dates at Lake Forest High School are May 6-10 and May 13-17, 2019.
- Online and on-site AP Exam registration begins Monday, February 4, 2019. The link to
- The cost of each regular AP exam is $94.00.
- The cost of AP Seminar and AP Research Exams are $142.
- Online registration will close Friday, March 29, 2019.
Exceptions to Online Registrations
Please complete the following registrations with Mrs. Del Fava, LFHS Teaching & Learning Office (#108):
- Registration for students approved for fee reductions by College Board.
- Registration for students who have been approved for testing accommodations with the College Board.
- Registration for students that have been approved by College Board to take an Alternate Exam administered during the late testing period of May 22-24, 2019. The following situations qualify for Alternate Exam testing:
- A student who has two exams at the same time. No additional fees applied.
- A student with an illness that occurs prior to the administration of the exam (doctor's note required). No additional fee applied. (If a student is in school the day of the exam, he/she will be expected to take the exam.)
- A student participating in a scheduled LFHS/IHSA Athletic or Academic contest at the same time of an exam. No additional fee applied.
- Other personal conflicts must be approved by College Board, and the student will incur a $45.00 fee.
- Late registration will be available in April 2, 2019. The exam fee increases to $149.00 or $197.00 (includes a College Board late fee of $55.00).
Concerns or Questions? Contact LFHS AP Coordinator, Elizabeth Del Fava, email@example.com, 847-582-7761.
Begin your Online Registration below, which allows you to register for multiple exams at one time.