Dear LFHS Parents and Guardians,
Over the past several years, we have worked to increase and align our academic, social, and emotional supports at LFHS. In addition to the creation and implementation of a system of supports, we understand the importance of making sure parents, staff, and students know the supports that are accessible to our students. All of our supports have been created based on identified student needs and exist inside and outside of the classroom.
As stated in our D115's Core Values:
- Every student has an incredible capacity to learn. Our responsibility is to create an environment that maximizes the possibility for each student's growth – including the willingness to take risks and learn from mistakes.
- Students thrive when they are actively engaged in solving problems that matter and when we support them socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually.
We are pleased to announce the launch of our Student Supports (Multi-Tiered System of Support - MTSS) Resource page located on our website. At your convenience, take some time to browse our Student Supports page(s) to:
- Learn how our supports are structured and aligned
- Learn the purpose and targets for each support
- Find out how to access the support
- Find out who can assist you with your questions or interest in learning more about each support
- Request support for students who need it
We are fortunate to have highly qualified staff members who not only deliver our supports to students, but who also provide support to parents and staff regarding the identification of supports to address specific needs that a student might have.
Mr. David Hain serves as our MTSS/RTI Coordinator. If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He is a great resource and a strong champion for students.