AP Exam Purchase MUST be Completed Before November 1
Community High School District No. 115
Lake Forest High School
Alan Wahlert, Ed.D.
Director of Teaching and Learning
1285 N. McKinley Road
Lake Forest, Illinois 60045
847-582-7334 / firstname.lastname@example.org
September 12, 2019
Dear LFHS AP Parents, Guardians, and Students,
We hope that it has been a great start to your school year! Back in mid-July, all LFHS Students taking AP Courses (and their families) received an email and hard copy letter about the changes regarding the College Board AP registration process. As you know, the College Board has moved the AP registration process from the spring to the fall of the school year. This change is non-negotiable. As a result, and as soon as possible, please have your student complete the required steps listed below:
- Sign in to myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board student account login.
- Join your AP Class Section after receiving your Join Code(s) from your AP Teacher(s)
- Use the Online Payments link on the LFHS Homepage to visit the LFHS Web-Store before NOVEMBER 1st and purchase your AP Exam.
(Exam Cost $94 or Capstone $142)
- Students in full year and first semester classes who do not complete step #3 above before Nov. 1, 2019, will be charged a $40.00 per exam late fee.
- Students in second semester only classes will be able to register after Nov 1st without a late fee.
- Students who "enroll" and then decide they do not wish to take the exam after Nov 1st will incur a $40 per exam cancellation fee.
- The College Board provides a fee reduction per exam for eligible students with financial needs. The exam cost would be $53 for a regular AP exam or $101 for AP Research and AP Seminar. If you believe you qualify for a fee reduction, please see Mrs. Del Fava before you purchase your exam(s). Her office is in room 108 in the main office, and she will be able to assist you. You can also reach her by phone at 847-582-7761 or email at email@example.com.
- The exams will still take place in May.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our AP Coordinator Elizabeth Del Fava or me.