Dear Junior Students and Families,
October 16 is a national testing date set by the College Board for the PSAT/NMSQT. During the school day on Wednesday, October 16, all LFHS juniors will participate in this assessment. No sign-up or payment is necessary for juniors, as Lake Forest High School will complete the registration process for all class of 2021 students.
Please Note: The PSAT/NMSQT is the qualifying exam for the National Merit Scholarship.
Juniors should be mindful of some important details surrounding this testing day:
- Juniors requiring transportation to school on this morning can take the normal early bus that runs every Wednesday to school. Details can be found on the LFHS website under transportation LFHS Transportation Page.
- Students should arrive at school by no later than 7:45 am.
- The assessment starts promptly at 8:00 am. All students should be in their seat and ready to begin the test at this time. Testing for most students will occur in the Fieldhouse.
- Students with accommodations will test with their accommodations approved by SAT in locations that provide an appropriate space for each student's specific accommodations. Student with accommodations will receive notice of their room assignment via email; Case Managers will also be aware of where a student will test and a master list will be located in Room 160 for reference.
- Standard time testing will conclude at 12:00 pm. Students will eat lunch from 12:00 -12:30 pm and then report to their 6th period class at 12:30 pm where attendance will be taken. Students with extended time will be provided lunch upon conclusion of testing.
- Students must bring their Student ID, #2 pencils with erasers, and an approved calculator. Cell phones and food are not allowed in the testing area. For a list of approved calculators please visit CollegeBoard Approved Calculators.
Director of Teaching and Learning
Director of Educational Services