Applause is the booster organization for the musical arts at Lake Forest High School. Founded in 1996, it is an organization of parents, alumni, faculty, and friends that provides support and communication for all band, choral, orchestral, and other music activities.
Applause promotes student recognition, awards, and scholarships; publishes In Concert, the musical arts newsletter; assists with the Honors Competition; coordinates the Spaghetti Dinner; assists with the Citrus Sale; manages band and orchestra concert attire; and provides concert ushers, receptions, decorations, and publicity.
Applause's greatest source of income is membership donations. Funds raised go toward the purchase of equipment, grants for visiting artists and master classes, camp scholarships, and the spring trip abroad. Applause also sponsors the Senior Scholarships for Excellence in Music.
Applause Board meetings are typically held in the Wedge Café on the second Tuesday of each month between September and May.
For Board Members
To access any document or form, choose from the list below and it will open in a new window.
- Applause Grants for Summer Music Camp and Program Form ‘17-18– DEADLINE 6/1/18
- Applause Summer Scholarship 2018-2019
- Applause SENIOR Scholarships for Excellence in Music 2019
- Applause Instrument Switcher Scholarship Form
- Applause Lesson Scholarship Form
- Applause Grants for Summer Music Camp and Program Form ‘18-19 – DEADLINE 6/1/19