Association of Parents & Teachers (APT)
The mission of the LFHS APT is to facilitate a cooperative partnership among parents, teachers, and staff where goals and needs are fulfilled through volunteer service that results in:
- Assistance and Support for Teachers
- Enrichment and Service for Students
- Opportunities for Parent Involvement
The APT works to promote a positive educational experience for ALL students of LFHS.
If you would like to help us in our mission - to strengthen our LFHS community - there are many ways to get involved.
Our major initiatives include:
- Chill Scout – Special events for students that support health and wellness
- Open Doors – Career Development opportunities for students
- EKG Testing – Promoting student’s heart health
- Prom – Working with student council to plan a fun and safe event
- Talent Show – Working with school staff and students to showcase student performance
- Student Grants – Making educational opportunities more affordable for all students
- New Family Welcome – Helping families who are new to the district feel at home
- Hospitality – Coordinating meals, treats, and other expressions of gratitude and support for our teachers
- Be True To Your School – Our annual fundraiser to support students’ class treasuries
- Directory – Collect and publish family contact information so parents and students can get in touch with each other
It is only through the efforts of dedicated parent volunteers that the APT is able to continue its valuable role in enriching the high school experience for all LFHS students. Whether you'd like to help out with the directory, be a set of helping hands for your student’s class, assist with the talent show, or just generally help out when and where you can, there are many opportunities to get involved. And who knows, you may even have a little fun in the process!
If you would like to volunteer, please contact LFHSAPT@gmail.com.
Become a Member!
By joining the APT as a member, you can directly support our mission and our initiatives that make our community stronger! The $25.00 membership fee includes a student directory as our thanks for your support. Join today!
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!