Prom 2018 - Night in New York
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Rosemont, Hyatt Regency O'Hare
2017-2018 Junior Class Cabinet. This group of students meets every Friday morning to plan the event. JD O'Keane is the President, Claire Mahoney is the Vice-President, and Julia Kuetemeyer is the Secretary.
The Junior Cabinet selected the winning designs from the fourteen submissions entered in the contest that ran from October through December.
The skyline was designed by Junior, Flynn McClellan. It is going to be featured on the Prom invitations.
The moon was designed by Junior, Anna Aquino. It is going to be featured on the Prom t-shirts.
Facts about Prom
- Each year the Jr. Class Reps select a theme for the prom. Students design artwork based on the theme which is then carried through t-shirts, invitations, prom red carpet, and venue decorations. This is total student driven event supported by the LFHS staff and APT.
- LFHS students began taking coach buses to Chicago in early 1980’s.
- The "Project Safe Prom" fundraising campaign was initiated in 2002 to fund this safe transportation for all Prom attendees.
- Each year, nearly 800 students walk a red carpet making their grand entrance to the waiting public before boarding the 18-20 coach buses.
- Parents, community members, faculty and families watch the prom red carpet promenade from bleachers which are set up on the front lawn.
Project Safe Prom raises funds to provide safe, reliable transportation for our students to and from the Prom venue. Each year, Lake Forest High School parents, alumni, and community members demonstrate their commitment by donating to this campaign. The Jr. Class also contributes from their own class monies to this cause. Please consider making your donation today!