Second Semester Information - 2020-2021 School year
The 2021 second semester parking lottery will be open for registration from November 30 - December 4 at noon to all juniors and seniors. When we are in the eHybrid learning model, students with the last name A-L will be attending school in-person on Monday and Tuesday and students with the last name M-Z will be attending school in person on Thursday and Friday. You will be assigned parking based on the days you are expected to be on campus, as outlined in the eHybrid schedule. As a result of this shift, instead of charging a flat fee, parking spots will cost a daily rate of $8.25. The daily parking rate was figured based on the cost of yearly parking divided by the number of days in a school year. Seniors that register by December 4th will be prioritized for parking spots. If at any time the learning model changes, all registered seniors will be prioritized for parking spots.
Student parking days for in-person instruction will be recorded by the district and students will be invoiced at the end of the second semester for the total number of days the student was assigned to attend in-person learning, not the number of days used. The parking lottery is open for all current juniors and seniors to register. By completing the registration link on RevTrak, students are entering the lottery to be selected for one parking spot for two days of parking (either M/T or Th/F). All applications submitted before the deadline will be included in the lottery. The lottery is done by a computer-generated program. To enter the lottery, please register for parking here.
Students will be notified if they were selected for a spot for Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday parking by Tuesday, December 15.
If you wish to cancel your parking spot, you need to notify Ashleigh Malec at firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Parking will be canceled upon receipt of an email indicating that the spot is no longer needed. Changing your student to remote does not cancel your parking space. All invoices will be charged based on the number of days the student is assigned to in-person learning, not the number of days in attendance.
Parking Lottery Guidelines:
- A lottery for available spaces will be held. All applications submitted before the deadline will be included in the lottery. The lottery is done by a computer-generated program.
- Seniors will be notified of lottery results via the email provided on the parking application.
- A senior can choose to share a parking space with another senior student. This information needs to be kept on file with Ms. Malec, Director of Student Activities.
- If a student receives a parking space for first semester, they can defer the use of their space until second semester.
- Seniors who do not receive a parking space will automatically be issued a refund and placed on a waiting list based on the number assigned by the lottery computer program.
- Students are responsible for picking up their semester parking pass during Book Buy in August and in the cafeteria in January for second semester.
- School authorities may inspect and search school property and equipment owned or controlled by the school (including parking lots).
- Students who abuse their parking privileges may have their parking space revoked.
Parking for semester 1 and 2 are for every single school day of the respective semester.
ALL vehicles parked on school property at any point are subject to inspection and search.