Auditions for the freshman/sophomore play, She Kills Monsters, will be held after school on Wednesday, October 2 in the DMT. Students can find audition materials on the LFHS Theater Schoology group, from Mr. Wanninger in English, or at the following link: bit.ly/lfhsmonsters
To develop the skills of collaboration, problem-solving, time-management and responsibility through innovative production work. We will model the practices of fiscal responsibility, environmental awareness, and safety through the application of careful planning and consideration of resources, budget, time and energy. We seek to foster leadership and respect by example in the training and practices of all participants.
- To build and nurture creative expression and individuality among high school students.
- Provide students with opportunities in performance and technical theater that challenge and extend their creativity.
- To develop individuals who are aesthetically aware, artistically disciplined, and adept in the performing arts.
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment where learning takes place.
- To foster academic achievement by involving students in activity that promotes creative thinking, builds cognitive skills and boosts self-confidence.
- To prepare students for higher education and professional careers.
- To engage students, teachers and administrative staff in an exploration of the universal themes of human experience.
- Develop and improve artistic perception through processing, analyzing and responding to sensory information through the language and skills unique to theater.
- Develop a basic level of understanding about the historical contributions and cultural dimensions of theater.
- Develop a more critical aesthetic sense by responding to, analyzing, and critiquing theatrical experiences.
- Every student must practice respect of self, the other members of the ensemble, and the performance environment.
- Application of craft skills such as carpentry, electronics, painting, sewing, etc.
- Application of performance skills of voice, movement, interpretation, motivation, etc.
- To expose students and the community to classic and contemporary works from different countries, periods, and theatrical styles by diverse authors in regard to race/ethnicity, nationality, creed, gender, sexual orientation, and age.
Theater Arts are for everyone, not only for those who choose to seek a career in the performance industries. Theater experience plays a significant role in building team-work, self-confidence, dynamic presentation, problem-solving, time-management, and many other skills valued across all professions.
These skills are taught through actual performance and production experiences tailored specifically to first and second-year students; and to third and fourth-year students; and other productions which are open to all students of any experience level.
We also train our performers through coaching in individual and group forensic events such as debate, public speaking, solo/duo performance from a wide range of original and published literary sources, and many other events.
Those less-inclined to perform for an audience gain valuable skills working behind the scenes creating scenery, lighting, sound and special effects, as well as experience in management and organization that can serve the individual throughout life.
Theater Arts also play a significant role in developing interpersonal skills and providing a safe outlet for creative fun and entertainment for the community. Working closely with our community through our parent support group PALs we offer other enrichment opportunities including guest artists, workshops, seminars, and field trips to college, community, and professional theaters.
Dates are subject to change!
Fall Play – Rumors (all students welcome to audition)
Frosh / Soph Play – She Kills Monsters (auditions for Frosh/Soph ONLY)
Winter Play – Love Sick (all students welcome to audition)
Musical – Once Upon a Mattress (all students welcome to audition)
Co-director Spring Music
Instructor - Theater Department
Co-Director Fall Play & Winter Play
Instructor - Theater Departmentjpulio@lfschools.net
Co-director Spring Musical, Director Frosh/Soph Play
Technical Director Frosh/Soph Play, Talent Show Teacher Liaisoncholmer@lfschools.net