District 67 follows a plan whenever there is consideration of a school or emergency closing, or holding a remote learning day due to inclement weather conditions.
How Closing Decisions are Made
District 67’s first priority is the safety of our students, staff, and parents. The decision to close our schools, or adjust our start or dismissal times for an emergency-related situation is a complicated one and based on a number of factors.
- NOAA National Weather Service (NWA) updates and Wind Chill report.
- Local weather forecast services.
- Local law enforcement and city agencies.
- Reports from our bus company.
- Reports from our Buildings/Grounds staff.
- Conversations with neighboring school district administrators.
You may find a link for more information about our weather/emergency closings here: District 67 Emergency School Closing Information