Association of Parents & Teachers (APT)
The Lake Forest High School Association of Parents and Teachers (LFHS APT) supports the LFHS administration, teachers, staff, students, and parents of District 115 in upholding the highest ideals of education for our students.
The mission of the LFHS APT is to facilitate a cooperative partnership among parents, teachers, and staff where goals and needs are fulfilled through volunteer service that results in:
- Assistance and Support for Teachers
- Enrichment and Service for Students
- Opportunities for Parent Involvement
The APT works to promote a positive educational experience for ALL students of LFHS.
If you would like to help us in our mission - to strengthen our LFHS community - there are many ways to get involved.
Our major initiatives include:
- Chill Scout – Special events for students that support health and wellness
- Open Doors – Career Development opportunities for students
- EKG Testing – Promoting student’s heart health
- Prom – Working with student council to plan a fun and safe event
- Talent Show – Working with school staff and students to showcase student performance
- Student Grants – Making educational opportunities more affordable for all students
- New Family Welcome – Helping families who are new to the district feel at home
- Hospitality – Coordinating meals, treats, and other expressions of gratitude and support for our teachers
- Be True To Your School – Our annual fundraiser to support students’ class treasuries
- Directory – Collect and publish family contact information so parents and students can get in touch with each other
It is only through the efforts of dedicated parent volunteers that the APT is able to continue its valuable role in enriching the high school experience for all LFHS students. Whether you'd like to help out with the directory, be a set of helping hands for your student’s class, assist with the talent show, or just generally help out when and where you can, there are many opportunities to get involved. And who knows, you may even have a little fun in the process!
If you would like to volunteer, please contact LFHSAPT@gmail.com.
Becoming a Member!
By joining the APT as a member, you can directly support our mission and our initiatives that make our community stronger! The $25.00 membership fee includes a student directory as our thanks for your support. Join today!
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
LFHS APT Instagram: @LFHSAPT
LFHS APT Facebook: @APTLFHS
Please contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APT meetings will be held the first Thursday of the month at 10:00 am in the West Campus Boardroom.
- September 1, 2022
- October 6, 2022
- November 3, 2022
- February 2, 2023
- March 2, 2023
- April 6, 2023
- August 15 – New Family Welcome
- August 18 – Be True To Your School Parent Social and Fundraiser
- October 20-21 – Open Doors
- January 21 – Talent Show Auditions
- February 23-25 – Talent Show
- March 3 – Summer Opportunity Fair
- May 6 – Prom
- May 17 – Wellness Walk
LFHS APT Student and Faculty Grants
The APT Grants Program is designed to make academic and enrichment activities more affordable to students who are experiencing either long-term or short-term financial difficulty. Grant applicants’ identities always remain anonymous to APT members. For more information or to apply for a grant, students can contact their guidance counselors, social workers, or Dr. Patrick Sassen, Director of Educational Services email@example.com. For general information about our Grants program, contact Grants co-chairs:
Karen Uihlein firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Laufenberg email@example.com.